WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO HOST A SCREENING?
By hosting a screening, you are joining a network of organizations and community leaders who are #SpeakingOut about LGBTQ visibility and human rights.
A film screening is a powerful tool to inspire, engage and ignite your community. Some hosts use their event to discuss how to support their local and statewide LGBTQ communities; some use the film to build community amongst LGBTQ people and allies, and others use it to build their organization’s growing network. Unlikely passively watching a movie alone at home, your film screening is an opportunity to create a lasting experience for your community. Some hosts choose to have a post-screening discussion, an audience Q&A, or a panel discussion of film characters, the filmmaker, and local community leaders. The event is what you choose to make it!
To host a screening, first fill out our Request a Screening Form and our team will get back to you.
WHAT DOES HOSTING A SCREENING ENTAIL?
You will need a date, a venue and a means to get the world out to people who will attend. You can hold a private screening at a conference or meeting that is already planned, or create a special new event. Most hosts find community spaces that can be donated for screenings.
WHAT’S INSIDE THE HOST SCREENING KIT?
Once you book your screening, you’ll receive:
- The Film - The Outspoken 30-minute documentary on a private Vimeo link or downloadable file via Google Drive.
- A license to screen the film, for a limited, non-broadcast, public or private exhibition.
- Event Planning Checklist, a digital tool to help you start planning your event with best practices on how to use the film to engage your community.
- Day of Event Agenda, to help ground your team in the goals of your event the day of.
- Facilitation & Discussion Guide, a digital tool to help facilitate conversations after the film.
- Social Media Kit, with social media ready graphics and templates, high-res film stills, 1-min videos, and more to help promote your event.
- Press Kit, to help you reach out to press for your event.
- Help from us! We’re here to help you every step of the way. We’ll add your event to the film’s website, promote the event on social media, and will add your organization as an event co-host on the film’s Facebook page.
IS THERE A FEE?
Yes, the regular fee is $250 for a one-time public or private screening. Screening hosts can choose to bring the Filmmaker to their event to participate in an audience Q&A and meet and greet for a one-time Speaker Fee of $400 (additional travel costs may apply). If you book multiple screenings at the same time, you’ll receive 20% off each Film License and Speaker Fee with the Coupon Code “SPEAKOUT". Screening hosts sometimes choose to offset costs by partnering with local organizations to sponsor and co-host their event. Some hosts sell tickets while others keep the event free. If you are an individual who plans to host without the support of an organization, let us know and we can give you a discount. All fees go to supporting the film’s impact campaign.
DO I NEED TO HAVE THE VENUE, DATE, AND TIME IN ORDER TO BOOK?
No, you don’t need to have your event details (venue, date, time) in order to book your screening. The details of your event would be specified as “Coming Soon” where film screenings are listed, so that you can start building an audience for your event. Once you have your venue and date details, let us know so we can help promote on the film’s website and social media.
WHAT TECHNOLOGY DO I NEED TO HOST A SCREENING?
When you purchase your screening license, you will identify whether you would like a Private Digital Screening Link (internet at venue required) or a Downloadable Digital File of the film. The only technology you’ll need to host your event is a screen to show the film and speakers to hear the audio.
ARE THERE ANY SCREENING LIMITATIONS?
The film cannot be used to support specific legislation or influence the outcome of any specific public election or voter registration drive.
STILL HAVE A QUESTION?
Email our team at email@example.com